The Smak

The home of 2 Guys & A Mic covering Sports, News and Entertainment!!!

Mom's Very Sick  

My mother who has been very ill as of late is currently in ICU at St. Mary Hospital. I want to thank everyone who has said a prayer for her as well as myself.

She is by far by biggest cheerleader as well as my harshest critic, so this is the hardest thing I have ever when through. I go in to see her, I walk out crying thinking that there is nothing I can do but pray.

One of the things that has kept me out of the psych ward is one of the last things that we said to each other on Friday morning. We both profess our Love for each other. She told me that she is not going anywhere and she will always be with me so get out of here and "Go To Work"

I have always tried to keep all of my "lives" separate, personal from work from sports. But it was watching the playoff games over the weekend (I did predict that the Chargers would win) that calmed the nerves.

I never thought that all of the years of watching and covering sports that it was the "escape" that was described. I am here to tell you that it is, growing up watching Michigan, Michigan State, Lions, yes the Lions, Tigers, Pistons and Red Wings with her was the seed of my sports love today.

As these set of tears finally stops, I want to again thank everyone who called, texted, and emailed me for their prayers and well wishes.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments

Post a Comment