The Smak

The home of 2 Guys & A Mic covering Sports, News and Entertainment!!!

2 Guys & A Mic - Ernie - EP142  

We celebrate the life and times of Ernie Harwell, legendary broadcaster who passed this week. I was sitting in the press box of Comerica Park during the grand opening of the new park that replaced historic Tiger Stadium eating my pregame meal at a table all by myself and guess who ask to sit down? No other than Ernie saying just John, can I sit here. Are you kidding me, hell yea you can sit here. As we talked about the history of baseball, playing cards on the train with Jackie Robinson, the old stories I was just honored to know he knew my name, still don't know how he knew. We will miss you Ernie, imagine the baseball games he is calling in Heaven.

The 1st Announcement (Detroit Free Press)
Ernie Tribute (The Wayne Fontes Experience)
Interactive Tribute (Detroit News)
A True Gentleman (Click on Detroit)
Tigers and MLB's Tribute (MLB & Detroit Tigers)

A little fun with the following challenge. Can you recast The Wiz without using Beyonce' or any American Idol participants. We want to hear from you on the 2 Guys & A Mic Forums.

A member of the WhatcaTalkinBout and TPS Radio network, please check out all of the shows there and join our message board.

2 Guys & A Mic Forums

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment